Ayala’s annual Spring Dance Concert lights up the MPR stage

With+this+years+Spring+Dance+Concert+holding+a+variety+of+numbers+including+staff-featured+dances%2C+club+dances%2C+and+the+different+dance+class+level+performances%2C+many+looked+forward+to+the+show+that+was+in+store+for+them.+Seen+in+this+image%2C+Advanced+Dance+performs+their+number+of+Broadway+at+last+weeks+Spring+Dance+Concert.+
Roxy Kalantari
With this year’s Spring Dance Concert holding a variety of numbers including staff-featured dances, club dances, and the different dance class level performances, many looked forward to the show that was in store for them. Seen in this image, Advanced Dance performs their number of Broadway at last week’s Spring Dance Concert.

On Thursday, April 25 to Friday, April 26, the Ayala Dance Program took to our very own MPR’s stage with the annual Spring Dance Concert. The concert unfolded over two consecutive evenings, presenting a diverse array of performances by Ayala Dance Production (ADP), Advanced Dance, Intermediate Dance, and Beginning dance, split into two separate acts. 

The concert commenced with ADP taking the stage with their electrifying performance of “Duchess,” followed by Advanced Dance’s graceful rendition of “Woman” and Beginning Dance’s lively performance of “Dance the Night.” A standout moment of the evening was the “Dancing With The Staff” segment, which saw teachers from the English department, Mr. Robert Ly, and Mrs. Claudia Reynolds joining ADP dancers on stage, adding a delightful twist to the event.

Furthermore, the concert featured guest performances by the Polynesian Club and Chinese Club, while ADP continued to captivate the audience with dynamic performances such as “Under Pressure,” “Alien Superstar,” and “Cosmic Girl.”

Following a brief intermission, the second act commenced with Advanced Dance’s mesmerizing performance of “AHAP” and Intermediate Dance’s spirited rendition of “Starships.” ADP maintained their momentum with powerful performances including “Saturn,” “Sweet Dreams,” and the grand finale, “All the Stars.”

On the last day of dance concert, as all performances drew to a close, Mrs. Christina Hofstetter took center stage to recognize and commend the efforts of all those involved in bringing the event to fruition. From costume crews to dance captains and graduating seniors, each individual was honored for their dedication and commitment to the success of the concert.

“The best aspect out of this whole experience was just being able to be a part of such a supportive environment that our good vibes people, costume crew, and our fellow dance members created for all of us,” said Advanced Dance member Loretta Zhang (9). 

Ayala Dance Production (ADP) takes to the stage with a full ensemble performance. (Roxy Kalantari)

In a touching moment of appreciation, each dance period’s dance captains showered Mrs. Hofstetter with gifts and heartfelt thank-yous, expressing their gratitude for her unwavering support and guidance throughout the production process. It was a fitting tribute to a teacher whose passion for dance and commitment to her students have left an indelible mark on Ayala High School’s dance program.

“Mrs. Hofstetter’s continued support and dedication to ensuring that we not only do good in our performances but also have a good time was one of the best parts about this concert,” said Beginning Dance member Reagan Ruiz (10). “She’s always so encouraging and it almost makes you look forward to practicing everyday.”

As the final curtains closed on our Spring Dance Concert, the audience was left with gratitude for this celebration of talent and achievement. Congratulations to all involved for a memorable and successful event that will be cherished for years to come!

“I hope that everyone in the audience went home knowing that it doesn’t matter what grade you’re in or how many years of experience you have with dance; there is always a place for you in the Ayala Dance Program,” said Beginning Dance Captain Arya Kulkarni (9).