Ayala Boys Varsity Golf wins match to tie for first in league

Design by Elisabeth Lee

After their three-stroke win against Claremont, the Bulldog Varsity Golfers advance to first place in the league.

Elisabeth Lee, Staff Writer

On Thursday, April 20, Ayala Boys Varsity Golf competed in a league home match against Claremont High School after losing their previous away game against them. The teams played nine holes of Los Serranos Country from 3:00 pm to 6:30 pm.

Although the scores were close, Ayala managed to secure the win by 3 strokes. The Bulldogs scored a 218, averaging at an under-bogey round of 43 strokes (+6) per player. Claremont shot 221, averaging to 44.2 strokes (+7) per player. Despite the close scores, the Bulldogs played well with Jake Hirose (9) leading the team for the third time in a row with a score of 41 (+4).

Score:

Ayala: 218

Claremont: 221

“This league win puts the Bulldogs in a tie for first place in [the] league. Way to go Bulldogs! Our work is not over yet…now we focus on the Glendora Tartans,” said Coach Capps.

With Ayala’s first place ranking, they hope to keep up with the pressure and secure another league win against the Tartans on Tuesday, April 25 at Glendora Country Club in Glendora. With league finals fast approaching, we wish the Bulldog golfers luck in their upcoming tournaments. “Dogs on three! One…two…three…DOGS!”