Roasting you based on your AP classes

Roxy Kalantari
The Advanced Placement (AP) class that one takes can tell you a lot about someone. While taking any AP is impressive, this is how I perceive you based on the ones you took.

While some Advanced Placement (AP) classes are a useful learning opportunity, others are a complete waste of your time. If you have chosen to take AP classes, here is how I perceive you based on what you took.

AP Biology

Let me guess, you took biology freshman year, so you thought taking AP biology as an upperclassmen would be a breeze. WRONG. Welcome to a year of absolute misery. I hope you have a friend who has already taken the class, or else you’re screwed. 

AP Language and Composition

Everyone and their mother takes this class. If you started high school with honors English, you thought the logical next step would be to take AP Language. Well guess what? Everyone else thought that too. You aren’t special.

AP Human Geography

You think you are an overachiever taking the only freshman AP class available. You also hate it. I bet you felt really cool talking about this class because it makes you sound smart. No one finds this class interesting and somehow, you still found a way to complain about it even once you are a senior. 

AP Psychology

You heard it was an “easy AP” by some random upperclassmen. Well, joke’s on you because it’s only easy if you professionally memorize material. You probably forgot to do your daily review, then before you know it, you have a test the next day that you spent all night cramming for.

AP Literature

We get it, you like English. Don’t make this class your whole personality. You complain about timed writes and multiple choice questions, but that is a problem that you brought upon yourself. You should’ve taken College Prep (CP) English if you are always going to complain about this class so much. You knew this was coming after you took AP Language.

AP Statistics

You heard it was just as easy as CP Statistics. You were lied to. Even if you did well on the tests, there is no way you are remembering all of that by the time the AP test comes. It is a lot of extra work for no reason, so good luck!

AP Calculus

We get it, you’re smart. You are also depressed! If you don’t pass this AP test, you are going to regret taking this whole class. Taking this class again in college will be miserable, but you are smart anyways, so you’ll figure it out.

AP Economics

I hope you like graphing! While this is by no means the most difficult AP, the studying is very time consuming. This class will help you get ahead in college, though you most likely won’t remember a majority of what you learned.

AP United States History

This class is a must have for every depressed junior. If you are looking for another reason to complain about your course load, this class is the perfect match for you. This is a great class to make you sound intellectual, even when you don’t remember anything from the textbook.

AP Chemistry

You hate yourself. Need I say more?

While I respect your work ethic for taking on any of these classes, some of them reveal a lot about who you are as a person.