Student News Site of Ruben S. Ayala High School

Bulldog Times

Bulldog Times

Bulldog Times

JV boys volleyball finishes the week with another win

Kaylani Hsu
After pushing through a close game, the JV Boys Volleyball team finished the week winning both of their games. They left the crowd at the edge of their seats during the tight game against the Los Osos Grizzlies where they won 2-1.

Last Friday, our Junior Varsity (JV) boys volleyball team triumphed in a home game against the Los Osos Grizzlies. Though they went 2-1, their phenomenal performance left the crowd ecstatic.

In the first set, the Bulldogs lost a tight game of 26-24. During the first timeout after an incredible hit by freshman Devin Lu, they were leading 15-13, but the Grizzlies came back by the second timeout where they had a lead by 20-17 and soon won the set.

Luckily, the boys came back for the second set, leading 17-14 by the first timeout and finishing the game 25-21

The third set consisted of two timeouts, the first stopped at a tie of 9-9 and the second to ice their opponent’s server at 14-13 with Ayala in the lead. After the timeout, the Bulldogs instantly ended the game by gaining the last point and finishing 15-13.

After their two consecutive wins last week against Chaffey and Los Osos High School, anticipation is high for their next home game which will take place after school today against Jurupa Valley.