Boys’ Varsity Water Polo moves on to the CIF Finals after victorious game

Kaitlyn Angeles
After a victorious game against Cabrillo High, Ayala boys varsity water polo will head to CIF Finals for a chance to win at Mt. Sac. They dominated the game, winning 15-4.

On Wednesday, November 8th, Boys’ Varsity won their game in the CIF playoffs, 15-4 against the Cabrillo High School Jaguars. Going into this match, Ayala’s record was set at 19-14 overall, and 3-5 in the league. The Jaguars record was 19-7 overall, and 2-3 in the league.

As the first quarter began, Ayala rose to the lead scoring five goals, giving them a comfortable advantage. Due to Ayala’s outstanding defense, the Jaguars could not score at all. The first quarter ended with a score of 5-0. 

At halftime, Ayala held onto their lead scoring four more goals. The Jaguars managed to score two goals, which set the score at 9-2 going into the third quarter.

The third quarter would be tough for both teams, however, Ayala was able to score three goals, which is two more than the Jaguars who scored one. This set the score at 12-3, going into the fourth and final quarter.

The fourth quarter would seal the victory for Ayala who scored three goals during this time. The Jaguars scored one goal, which set the final score at 15-4 with Ayala taking the win. 

After winning this game, Ayala will advance on to the CIF finals where they will be facing the Royal High School Highlanders.