JV team secures another volleyball victory against the Jaguars

David Jung
After securing their third win in a row, the Junior Varsity (JV) team continues to advance after sweeping the court against Jurupa Valley’s Cougars.

Yesterday, the Junior Varsity volleyball boys dominated in another home game against Jurupa Valley’s Jaguars 2-0. Following their consecutive victories last week against Chaffey and Los Osos High School, the team is beginning to progress in their league with more wins against opponents.

The boys’ first game completely swept the court with a score of 25-15. During the set, Jurupa Valley called a timeout at 15-11 with Ayala in the lead. Amazing kills by sophomore Jayden Huerta (#18) and freshman Devin Lu (#26) were also made, leaving the stands shaking with cheers.

In the following second set, Ayala led both timeouts at 14-5 and 19-5, finally finishing the game 25-17. Freshman Chris Lam (#17) led the team in a 10 point serving run that raised their score from 10-6 to 20-6.

The JV team will hold two more home games this week against West Covina High School visiting on Wednesday, April 10 and Chino High School’s Cowboys on Friday, April 12.