Student News Site of Ruben S. Ayala High School

Bulldog Times

Bulldog Times

Bulldog Times

Girls Varsity Flag Football falls to Chino

David Jung
The Varsity Girls Flag Football team fell to Chino High School’s Cowboys during their previous game on Monday.

On April 8, our Girls Varsity Flag Football team was defeated by Chino High School with a final score of 20-0. After the game, Ayala’s record is now 0-3 overall, and 0-2 in their league. This was the third game played this season, which is also the first season for the team.

As the first half progressed, Chino scored a touchdown from the 22-yard line through a passing play. They then earned the extra-point from a successful Point After Touchdown (PAT), putting them up 7-0. Later on, Chino scored another touchdown, followed by another successful PAT which put them up 14-0. The first half ended with a score of 14-0 with Chino taking the lead.

As the second half started, Chino scored another touchdown from the 30-yard line. However, they did not receive the extra point. This set the score at 20-0. As the rest of the half went on, the score remained the same and Chino took the win, 20-0. 

Their next game will be against Chino Hills on April 15.