‘Once Upon a Time’ Homecoming is set to be the best one yet

The+homecoming+theme+this+year+has+been+revealed+on+%40ayalabulldognews+Instagram.+The+theme+is+supposed+to+be+Once+Upon+A+Time+which+mostly+pertains+to+Disney%2C+since+Disney+is+enjoyable+to+most+students+and+the+coordinators+want+to+show+while+they+set+up+homecoming.+about+Disney.+%E2%80%9CI+really+like+the+homecoming+theme.+I+like+how+they+put+Disney+in+it%E2%80%A6+I+think+its+really+cute.%E2%80%9D+Mia+Maldonado+%2810%29+said.+
Kaitlyn Angeles via Canva.com
The homecoming theme this year has been revealed on @ayalabulldognews Instagram. The theme is supposed to be ‘Once Upon A Time’ which mostly pertains to Disney, since Disney is enjoyable to most students and the coordinators want to show while they set up homecoming. about Disney. “I really like the homecoming theme. I like how they put Disney in it… I think it’s really cute.” Mia Maldonado (10) said.

On Monday, September 18, the theme for homecoming was finally announced to be ‘Once Upon a Time’ after much anticipation. The new theme promised to offer various activities and food items for students to from.

The real question though is what do the students and teachers who may be attending the dance think about the theme and what are the coordinators doing to prepare?

Homecoming is expected to have many opportunities for students to enjoy including desserts and karaoke, along with dancing and more fun activities to do with dates or even just friends. 

Teachers and students believe that this theme provides endless possibilities since there are many directions that the coordinators can go, in terms of decorations and entertainment.

“It’s not one genre. It’s not one exact theme. It kind of like transfers into a ton of different areas depending on how you take the funding,” World History teacher Ms. Amy Campbell said.

With this, some students believe that ‘Once Upon a Time’ is too generic and broad, classifying it as just another homecoming theme. Some students felt that with its bland appeal, they don’t plan on purchasing a ticket after knowing that there wasn’t much to the theme. 

“I think I’m neutral about it because I think the ‘Once Upon a Time’ theme is an interesting theme, [but] I thought it’s just another dance,” Candice Tseng (10) said. 

Despite this, the school is said to have hired professional decorators in order to make homecoming look the best it can for the students’ special nights. A more detailed landscape can ensure that the students will have a better time as it will be more aesthetically pleasing and make the theme stand out more. 

“It [will look] much better … [and] we can have a much better time, ” Mia Maldonado (10) said. 

In preparation for homecoming festivities, homecoming nomination slips were passed out to students who wanted to nominate their fellow students for homecoming court as it is an ongoing tradition that make the students even more excited about the idea of homecoming itself. The winners for homecoming court will be announced during the homecoming football game the day before the dance, Friday October 6. 

Despite the various opinions following the release of the theme, students and faculty are excited to see the outcome of the dance. 

I think that there’s a whole lot of different ways that you can interpret this theme… so I think you always try to lean back into the tradition of the Bulldog way [with ‘Once Upon a Time’],” Campbell said.