What your favorite Netflix show says about you

Kaitlyn Angeles via Canva.com
Your favorite Netflix show can tell a lot about the type of person that you are. Are you a go with the flow type of person, or someone who stands up for what they want? These popular Netflix shows can reveal who you really are!

Netflix is a popular streaming service that offers a wide variety of movies and shows, tailored to everyone’s interests. Some films act as a background show during your study sessions, while others are intended to captivate your whole attention and leave you in suspense. So what do you enjoy watching and how does this reflect your personality? Keep reading to find out what your favorite Netflix show says about you!

Gilmore Girls

You have probably seen this more than once

If Gilmore Girls is your favorite Netflix show, you are into the oldies, but the goodies. This show is about a young mom who navigates life with her teenage daughter, while facing everyday challenges in their small town. Some people might call you basic, but you don’t care because you know what you like. If you love this show, you make it known. Gilmore Girls quickly becomes your entire personality and you are always throwing out references whenever given the opportunity. Your style is consistent with the trends, yet fashionable and sure to get many compliments. You are a “go with the flow” type of person, but you still find time to crack jokes whenever an opportunity is present.

“I love that Gilmore Girls is a good mix between teenage drama, while also being lighthearted,” Alisa Villegas (12) said.

Ginny and Georgia

You aren’t as simple as you may seem

The show Ginny and Georgia highlights the complexities that lie beneath the surface of a seemingly ordinary mother-daughter relationship. If this is your favorite show, you probably come off somewhat shy and only a few people know the real you. You are easy to get along with, but you rarely share much about your personal life. You likely have a close relationship with your friends and family, but even they don’t know who you really are. You are comfortable keeping secrets, as long as it is to protect the ones you love.

Stranger Things

You wish your friends went to lengths like this for you

Stranger Things is a show about a close friend group who goes through supernatural experiences together. If this is your favorite show, you value your community and will do anything for your friends or family when they are in need. You put yourself at risk to protect the ones you love, yet you still always make it out okay. Your undying commitment to your relationships demonstrates your loyalty for the ones you love the most.

“The acting and the plot is phenomenal! The show leaves me wanting to watch more,” Amanda Lyn (9) said. 

The Walking Dead

You have a long attention span to watch 11 seasons

The time it takes you to finish this show demonstrates your complete commitment to everything you do. Watching all 11 seasons of the same characters slaying zombies proves that you are willing to stick to anything, highlighting your utmost loyalty. You are likely a bit of a horror fanatic, but use this show to lighten the mood, despite the hundreds of zombies being demolished consistently in every episode. If the world came crumbling down today, you would be the person that everyone flocks to, as you have the most survival skills from watching this show. You are overall a chill and laid back person, but will stick up for your friends when they need you.

Survivor

The drama is better than the competition

Survivor is a reality TV show where participants face off in physical and mental challenges to survive on an island. If Survivor is your favorite show, you enjoy being the center of attention, with all eyes on you. If you overhear drama being told, you rush to the scene to get the inside scoop. You work hard to make your dreams come true, even if that means having to make sacrifices. 

Survivor is a great show because it has a lot of action and generally a lot going on at once,” Lucy Zenor (12) said.

Squid Games

Your toxic trait is thinking you could win

Squid Games is a show full of action and suspense, which accurately represents who you are as a person. This show features characters who compete in death defying games in order to win a huge cash prize. You are extremely competitive and will avoid losing at all costs. With that being said, you are a hard worker and are willing to fight for what you want. You aren’t afraid to speak up for yourself to ensure your success, even if it is a hard path to get there.

***

To conclude, the types of Netflix shows that you watch gives insight into who you are as a person. Your positive and negative attributes might be reflected in the character’s personality. Some shows may be scary and suspenseful, while others are lighthearted and playful. Netflix’s large variety of shows has a place for everyone. So next time you watch a show, how does it represent your personality?