Boys’ Varsity Water Polo triumphs over the Mater Dei Catholic Crusaders

David Jung
    Boys water polo jumped back over .500 on the season with a win against Mater Dei Catholic Crusaders on the 5th.

On October 5th, Boys’ Varsity Water Polo took the win with a final score of 12-4, against the Mater Dei Catholic Crusaders. This would be Ayala’s 8th game of the season, setting their record at 4-3 prior to this game. 

When the first quarter started, Ayala took the lead scoring two goals, setting the score at 2-0 by the end of the first quarter. 

As the second quarter began, Ayala scored five more goals, but the Crusaders quickly caught up, scoring three goals during this time. However, Ayala still held the lead, setting the score at 7-3 by the end of the second quarter.

As the third quarter started, Ayala held their own throughout the quarter, although both teams only scored one goal each. This raised the overall score to 8-4. 

The fourth and last quarter would be a huge success for Ayala as they scored 4 goals within this time, which made the final score 12-4, ending with Ayala taking the win. 

Ayala’s next match will be an away game against Alta Loma High School on Monday, October 9th. As they approach this game, their record will be 6-3 following the success of this game. The Eagles next game will be on Wednesday, October 11th against Montgomery High School, their new record being set at 6-9.