Passing the torch: Vice President

Jordyn Campbell (12) passes down the torch of the vice president role to Shawn Choi (11)
Roxy Kalantari and Kaitlyn Angeles
Following the recent 2024 Executive Board elections, Shawn Choi (11) now tackles the role of vice president following Jordyn Campbell’s (12) term.

As the new United Student Body (USB) Executive Board is preparing for their new term that is expected to begin in January, the previous e-board reminisces on their term and prepares to advise the new student body representatives. 

With the election results being announced, the new vice president, Shawn Choi (11) is already preparing ways to ensure a successful school year.

“I really want to make sure that everyone’s voices are actually heard and we receive any criticisms, concerns or ideas that our students have,” said Choi. “The way I’m going to achieve this is by having more opportunities in which our E-board members can listen to our student voices.”

Being the vice president means taking on commitments like aiding the president as they run school events, as well as setting guidelines and rules for the student body such as future student elections. Previous vice president, Jordyn Campbell (12), emphasizes the responsibilities there are as a person in this position.

“As former vice president, I took on the role of being in charge of every election for all campus elections,” Campbell said. “I strived to make sure everyone was happy with the dates of the campaign.”

Both Campbell and Choi emphasize the importance of accuracy and organized management in order to make sure that there are no errors while planning for school events. This is something that Choi especially hopes to accomplish throughout his term.

As for what we can look forward to from the new vice president, Choi is excited to serve as a role model for his fellow students.

“Serving on the E-board gives you a lot of opportunities where you can actively communicate with other people,” said Choi. “This is an awesome opportunity for me to grow in my leadership skills and be the person that everyone can talk to. ”

Campbell shares her advice for the upcoming vice president as her term comes to an end and the USB E-Board legacy continues. 

“He just needs to stay really confident in the position and strive to see other people’s ideas,” Campbell said. “I think he’s gonna do amazing.”