Passing the torch: United Club Council Chairperson

Isabella Le (11) passes down the torch of the UCC Chairperson role to Alina Lopez (10)
Roxy Kalantari and Kaitlyn Angeles
Following the recent 2024 Executive Board elections, Alina Lopez (10) now tackles the role of United Club Council Chairperson following Isabella Le’s (11) term.

The new Executive Board welcomes Alina Lopez (10) as the new United Club Council (UCC) Chairperson, following previous UCC Chairperson, Isabella Le’s (11) leadership. 

The UCC Chairperson position is in charge of managing all clubs at Ayala as well as any activities that are related to campus clubs. 

“I make sure each club is able to present its cause on campus, and then I will approve or decline clubs based on things like the club itself,” Lopez said. “I will keep documentation of each club and put on club rush.”

On top of club duties, Lopez will also organize 8th grade night as well as attending numerous conferences during the school year. 

This year, Lopez hopes to bring students together through her role as UCC rep.

“I hope to create more unity through our students because I feel like we’re very sectioned, or our student body isn’t as connected as I think everyone in USB would like it to be,” Lopez said. 

Lopez plans to collaborate with other executive board members in order to bring unity among the campus. 

“I could also use David, who’s our speaker of the house and rep meetings,” Lopez said. “And then I could take that input and apply it to how we organize our clubs.”

As Lopez transitions to becoming the new UCC Chair, Le offers advice she learned from her own experience in the position. 

“I would definitely tell Alina that it might seem challenging at first, but once you get the hang of it, it’s really manageable, and it’s also really fun just to be in charge of all of that,” Le said. “It’s just really rewarding.”

As Lopez transitions to managing clubs, it’s inevitable that there will be challenges to overcome.

“The challenge is there’s definitely a lot of different opinions, especially that go around the clubs,” Le said. “Some people think that certain organizations should not be a thing here and other people disagree.”

However along with the challenges of being the UCC Chairperson, there comes rewards as well. 

“The biggest positive I’d say is getting to hold a big responsibility here at school and getting to be in on the process of everything that goes on at Ayala,” said Le. 

As Lopez adjusts to her new position, she is excited to take on more responsibilities. 

“I’m really looking forward to connecting with more of our people and also I think the responsibility of being in a higher position,” said Lopez.