Is ‘A Night To Remember’ as good as they say?

Kaitlyn Angeles
With the rise in popularity of artists Beabadoobee and Laufey, their song collaboration, “A Night To Remember,” was long awaited by fans of both artists. “I liked the harmonizing and I liked the way they sing. [Their voices] harmonize well so it’s really pretty,” Alexis Barrientos (9) said.

The song A Night To Remember by Laufey and Beabadoobee recently came out, and many people who listen to both artists enjoy this song. This song gives off a mysterious, but romantic vibe for the listener, which is perfect for listening on rainy days. Even if people never listened to both artists, this song is still recommended by many, however, some people’s taste in music could interfere with their liking of this song. 

Before anybody listened to the song, many opinions were positive, as it came from a popular artist, Beabadoobee, and an artist who’s rising in popularity, Laufey. People who know one or both singers were excited for the day the song came out when they knew their favorite singers were having a collaboration. On social media, the public was thrilled to see them make a song together, as some waited many days for it.

“Honestly, before I listened to it, I thought that it was going to be mid because Beabadoobee and Laufey are too good to be true,” said Alexis Barrientos (9).

However, those who didn’t listened to the demo and didn’t know what the song would be like were still eager for the release of the song.

“I got excited, but I didn’t really know how it sounded or anything so I kind of was waiting for it to actually come out to listen to it,” said Makayla Almario (10).

When the song did come out, multiple people loved it and made posts with it. One of the main reasons why A Night To Remember blew up is from the harmonizing and the feeling of the song. Beabadoobee’s soft and calming voice mixed with Laufey’s deep and soothing tones combine well together to make a wonderful rainy day song. It also gives off a distinct mood when it comes to romance songs.

“It gives off a really soothing and dramatic vibe because the chorus is really nice and it gets groovy,” said Barrientos.

The vibe of this song gives off a mystic and warm feeling for somebody to listen to on gloomy days, wanting to feel a certain closeness. It also develops a harmonious feel once the chorus begins, encouraging the listener to hum or dance to the song. 

There is nothing bad to be said about this song, but with people’s different music tastes, it may not be a preferred genre of music they listen to. However, some who only like one of the artists might not enjoy the song, the reason being that the singer’s other songs are better.

“[Those who] don’t like songs that are slow and people who like rap probably wouldn’t like this song,” says Barrientos.

The people who love the song can’t find or say anything bad about it because the singers make good music, making this song meet their expectations as well. This would make it hard for them to critique it negatively, but those who dislike the song, may say that the song seems flat.

Although people have different opinions on A Night To Remember, this song is still widely recommended. Even if people don’t like this song, some might still suggest it to people who are into more soothing and intimate songs.

“I would probably recommend it to a significant other or something just because it’s [romantic],” Almario says.