Student News Site of Ruben S. Ayala High School

Bulldog Times

Bulldog Times

Bulldog Times

Passing the torch: Secretary

Anaya Widjaja (11) passes down the torch of the secretary role to Kyle Chang (10)
Roxy Kalantari and Kaitlyn Angeles
Following the recent 2024 Executive Board elections, Kyle Chang (10) now tackles the role of USB secretary following Anaya Widjaja’s (11) term.

As the new United Student Body (USB) Executive Board prepares for the next term that is expected to begin in January, the previous E-board reminisces on their term and prepares to train the next batch of student body representatives. 

Inspired by his sister who served on student council at Chino Hills High School, Kyle Chang (10) can only look forward to what’s to come as he has been announced the upcoming USB secretary for the new term. 

“I ran for E-board as I believed the school spirit was down at Ayala High School,” said Chang. “This encouraged me to run for this position as I wanted to change the culture here.” 

Secretary is one of the current positions of the United Student Body Executive Board that is the overall backbone of the board, taking notes during the USB business meetings, ensuring clear communication across the board, and assisting where is needed. 

As previous USB Secretary Anaya Widjaja (11) closes out on her term, she reflects back on her ability to remain organized in all things related to USB despite there being struggles that didn’t always run smoothly.

“I really strove to uphold all the responsibilities of secretary, making sure that everything was done well, all the minutes were organized, being always ahead, and making sure that attendance was always done by me,” said Widjaja.

As for what our upcoming USB secretary is hoping to accomplish for the new term, he discusses the idea of possibly organizing more events and planning to engage the student body more.

“My specific goal for this term is to make sure everyone enjoys being at school and having fun,” said Chang. “I can do this by organizing events to make them more fun and exciting for our school.”

With the role of secretary being a large role to fill, Widjaja leaves a word of advice for our upcoming USB secretary.

“[Advice I would give is] just making sure everything’s done, like making sure you’re ahead of schedule,” said Widjaja. “Even if you don’t have a lot of responsibilities as secretary, each of these tasks are really significant.” 

With the transition between the new and old officer boards, we can only look forward to what new things await us for the new year.

“I want to ensure our school a better future and make sure everyone is enjoying school,” said Chang. “[I] just [want] to have people feel welcome.”