Girls varsity soccer falls to Alta Loma

Kaitlyn Angeles
Although they took a loss against Alta Loma, varsity soccer will look to end their season on a win against Claremont.

On Monday, January 29, girls varsity soccer lost their game against Alta Loma, 2-1. This sets Ayala’s record at 11-6-2 overall, and 5-3-1 in the league. Alta Loma’s record is now 15-1-2 overall, and 7-1-1 in the league. 

At the start of the first half, Alta Loma quickly rose to the lead after scoring a penalty kick (PK), setting the score at 1-0. However, Ayala took the challenge and was eager to get it back, though by the end of the first half the score was still 1-0, with Alta Loma keeping the lead. 

As the second half progressed, Alta Loma was able to score another goal on a breakaway, leaving a one on one with the keeper. This set the score at 2-0, halfway through the second half. On the other hand, Ayala was able to score a goal on a PK, similar to Alta Loma. This set the final score of the game at 2-1, with Alta Loma taking the win. 

Ayala’s next game will be on Wednesday, January 31st against Claremont High School. Alta Loma’s next game will be on Wednesday, January 31st against Colony High School. Both of these games will be away games.