Do we stan The Stand?

Roxy Kalantari
The Stand recently had their soft opening in The Shoppes and it was met with great food, great reviews, and even greater service.

The Stand is the newest restaurant chain in The Shoppes at Chino Hills, offering a variety of gourmet American classics while putting their own unique spin on it. With its recent soft opening on February 13, 2024, the restaurant attracted many people towards its “American Classics Redefined” concept. 

Since its opening, The Stand was met with great reviews of its impeccable customer service and food quality. From the first day of the restaurant’s opening, the line snaked out the door as many wanted to try the newest craze.

“Even though the line was out the door, they got it done pretty fast. I’d say it took about 30 minutes between ordering and getting my food,” Zach Bilby (9) said. “The employees there were really nice, they picked up my food and they threw it away for me.”

The Stand raised the expectation for customer experience with their motto, “At The Stand we believe in great food. We believe great food deserves equally great service. We believe that great food & service shouldn’t come at the expense of great value.”

Not only is the customer service exceptional, but the overall atmosphere of The Stand has had a great impact on students and families in the community.

“I think The Stand will be a great place for families and students because it has a really nice, bustling atmosphere,” Emma Wang (9) said. “Because it was so lively, I don’t think it’ll be a go-to studying spot like Panera or Klatch. But for lunch after school or families, it’s a great place to go.”

Along with providing a delicious cuisine, The Stand offers fundraising opportunities for organizations in and around the community. This could be profitable to Ayala because many clubs and organizations constantly seek funding and with the fundraising partnership The Stand offers, clubs could raise more money for good causes.

“I would definitely include The Stand in school fundraisers,” Jeree Apan (9) said. “I think there’s something there for everyone, like burgers, hot dogs, sandwiches, and salads. The workers are nice and the food is good, so why not?”

The Stand is one of the many new businesses at The Shoppes, along with Sonic Speed Cafe and Robo Hunters. The influx of new stores and restaurants opening in The Shoppes provides a great economic opportunity for smaller businesses to promote their passions.

Upon the few weeks it has opened, many students from Ayala have tried their food and have found it to their liking. Its popularity has made it a hit and will continue to garner attraction from the community.

Although The Stand has recently just opened, the reviews, the food, and the service qualify it as a restaurant that is here to stay.

“The Stand is notorious for being expensive because they serve restaurant quality food, but in a fast food type setting,” Bilby said. “The Stand will definitely be in the top three options for foods that you can eat at The Shoppes.”