Student News Site of Ruben S. Ayala High School

Bulldog Times

Bulldog Times

Bulldog Times

“The Bachelor” returns with a bang

Roxy Kalantari
Despite “The Bachelor” declining in the media these past few years, the hit reality TV show has made a remarkable comeback with its most recent season 28, reeling audience members back in.

Love, drama, and roses– The Bachelor is back with a bang, captivating audiences worldwide.

The American reality television (TV) series, The Bachelor made its debut on March 25, 2002, averaging an audience of over 10 million viewers throughout the first 5 seasons. As the years passed, The Bachelor slowly began to lose its relevance in the media. The average viewership had begun to decrease more and more until the show had only been able to amass an average viewership of around two million. What was once seen as a staple in both American pop culture and reality TV had completely fallen off the radar for the following years to come.

However, with its most recent season 28, The Bachelor has doubled in viewership, now standing at a solid 6.02 million viewers. Not to mention, the show is still airing.

To what do they owe this surprising, yet welcomed comeback? Why our most recent bachelor Joey Graziadei of course. With his charm, wit, and award-winning smile, Graziadei has the whole nation swooning over him.

The more recent seasons of The Bachelor had ultimately fallen flat in their execution, with lackluster ratings and boring drama. However, with Graziadei now at the helm, the show has experienced a remarkable comeback.

One of the key factors contributing to this sudden resurgence of The Bachelor is Graziadei’s unique approach to his bachelor duties. Unlike previous bachelors who seemed to follow a scripted playbook of cliché and predictable gestures, Graziadei brings a newfound sense of authenticity and genuine emotion to the screen. His interactions with the contestants feel natural and unforced, creating moments of real connection.

“I feel like Joey is such a breath of fresh air compared to previous bachelors,” said Hannah Mirasol (9). “He just seems really genuine and down to earth and I think his charismatic personality is kind of what’s drawing in viewers the most.”

Of course, no discussion of The Bachelor would be complete without mentioning the contestants and their drama. This season’s lineup features a diverse cast of characters, each bringing their own unique personalities and backstories to the table. From ambitious career women to free-spirited adventurers, there’s someone for everyone to root for (or against).

Maria Georgas, one of the contestants this season, has also undeniably played a significant role in the success of the recent season. Despite often finding herself at the center of the drama, Georgas has managed to garner a large following of fans who are rooting for her every step of the way. 

“Maria was definitely one of the highlights of the season for me. She’s just so relatable,” said Chloe “Coco” Hong (9). “I loved how she wasn’t afraid to speak her mind or stand up for herself, even when it meant stirring up a little bit of drama.”

Overall, the revival of The Bachelor can be attributed to a combination of factors, from the charm of its leading man, to the fiery drama between the horde of girls competing for one man’s love. By staying true to its roots while also embracing change, The Bachelor has proven that love truly does conquer all– even dwindling ratings. And with each new season promising even more romance, drama, and roses, it’s clear that The Bachelor is here to stay.

“I think that the revival of The Bachelor is a sign that the show has always had plenty of life in it,” said Katie Cha (9). “I also think that as long as they keep casting interesting and compelling leads like Joey, they’ll be able to keep that spark going.”