[Playlist] Inspirational ACTION

David Jung
This playlist gives a positive beat to one’s life as shown by Mr. Scott Carter.

With the teacher collaboration conflict still taking place, I decided to write this playlist to motivate our hardworking teachers to continue striving towards their goals. I also sincerely hope that anyone who is going through a rough spot in life can listen to these songs and muster the strength to achieve their dreams.

I Need a Hero by Bonnie Tyler

First off is a song that every generation has heard once. It is a song about waiting and holding out for the person you desire (in this case, the teachers are striving for better pay). This will encourage you to get up and keep believing that success will come your way.

Burning Heart by Survivor

This song is about how there are two opposing sides fighting for what they think is right. It is a battle of wills and endurance, and it is similar to what the teachers are currently experiencing. They are the ones who ultimately decide if they want to persevere for victory.

Don’t Stop Believin’ by Journey
Although this song is widely known, the message it brings is deep and important. Hearing the lyrics inspires you to keep going and reminds you that life has its ups and downs. The CVUSD teacher push pass the downs, cherish the ups, and still keep going.

I’m Still Standing by Elton John
This song is a classic and explains how your will is strong even when against something as tough as a brick wall. The upbeat and catchy tune makes it memorable, which is helpful for motivation. During times when it seems impossible to move forward, this song is always ready to help remind you that you’re still standing despite the trials of life.

2 Legit to Quit by MC Hammer
This fast paced rap song ensures that anyone listening will be hooked. Relating to how oppressive the opposition is between the board and the teachers, this song is lyrical magic, and, like the teachers, it is supporting an optimistic change. Also, who doesn’t like positive rap?

Danger Zone by Kenny Loggins
It’s funny how a song about fighter planes can relate so heavily to teacher strikes. This iconic song is about reaching the apex of your potential and how that can only happen if you set your mind to it. This resonates with the goal of the teachers and their fight to reach the top.

Tomorrow by Alieen Quinn
Hearing a young child singing isn’t the first thing people think of for motivation. However, the whimsical voice makes you feel a warm inside, allowing you to confront tomorrow with heads high and a “ready-to-go” spirit. It even help confirm that your faith never wavers in dire situations, something the teachers are testaments to.

You’re The Best by Joe Esposito
Once again, I mention a movie relating to strikes, except now it’s karate themed. The use of the loud instrumentals in the background gives a feeling of power and motivation. It’s a song where you feel like you can do anything even against difficult odds.

Never Surrender by Cory Hart
A ballad with exciting lyrics — what’s not to like? Hart’s smooth and clean voice represents the way the teachers are fighting in a peaceful manner, not a brutal way. Many things can be achieved peacefully, which this song supports.

Fight the Good Fight by Triumph
The last song is placed here because of the upbeat message it brings. The theme of knowing what you want resonates with the goal of the teachers. Even if it seems that nothing is ever changing, keep on fighting for the goals that you and others want and need.