Student News Site of Ruben S. Ayala High School

Bulldog Times

Bulldog Times

Bulldog Times

Introducing the 2024-2025 class officers

Kaitlyn Angeles
With the recent class officer elections, all class officers have officially been elected by students in their respective grades. Many officers hope to increase campus spirit in the upcoming weeks. Pictured (from left to right, top to bottom): Ethen West (10), Emma Burkey (9), Ian Li (9), Priya Devine (10), Malee Dinh (9), Addison Tan (10), Katie Trinh (11), Sophia Dinh (11), Raquel Limon (11), RoseAnn Aure (11), Jacob Medina (9), Trudy Chang (10)

As the school year comes to an end, the transition to 2024- 2025 class officers begin. Each grade has spoken on who they want to lead their class to a successful year, filled with spirit, lasting memories, and fun. 

Class of 2025

President: Katie Trinh

Vice President: RoseAnn Aure

Secretary/Treasurer: Sophia Dinh

Social Chairperson: Raquel Limon

With the Class of 2025 being the rising seniors, Trinh has the important role of ensuring a memorable experience for students in their last year of high school. Trinh will oversee all senior activities such as Senior Sunrise, Senior Sunset, Senior Breakfast, and rallies in her position.  

“During my term, I hope to bring forth new senior stuff that wasn’t done before, such as merch that we have already been designing and possibly custom parking spots that we would have to get approved,” Trinh said. 

In the vice president position, Aure will assist Trinh in planning activities for the class, along with encouraging student engagement. 

“The four of us [class] officers want to get more student involvement, especially next year for our senior year, so we can make our last year of high school the most memorable,” Aure said. 

With an increase in activities for senior year, Dinh is in charge of managing finances that come with more events. 

“The position holds more responsibility especially this year as we approach our senior year because there are more senior activities and financial needs to cover if we want to have the opportunity to participate in more events,” Dinh said. 

Social Chair Limon plans to create a better school atmosphere by setting herself as an example.

“’I’m hoping to get more students to participate in rally weeks and spirit days by participating more myself and getting involved in all student activities,” Limon said. 

Class of 2026

President: Addison Tan

Vice President: Trudy Chang

Secretary/Treasurer: Ethen West

Social Chairperson: Priya Devine

Tan, who was social chair last year and is a current cheerleader, hopes to take on a larger role in their class with her new position as president.

“One specific thing [I want to implement] is definitely being more spirited in the rallies and making sure that more people are aware of when we have rallies because I know people are not always aware,” Tan said. 

Similarly, Chang, who is Ayala’s first twirler, plans to increase campus spirit. 

“Our class tends to be more quiet and more reserved so I wish to bring more spirit, maybe [through] more accessories and just bringing the [class] colors so that we can really enjoy our time here at school,” Chang said. 

West, who will be taking on the role of both secretary and treasurer plans to improve the communication between students and the United Student Body (USB) class.

“One specific goal I want to establish is to inform our students at our school and staff about updates as soon as possible,” West said. “I want to enact it by putting [announcements] on the loud system and making sure people hear it during our daily announcements so that kids are up to date always and don’t have any questions regarding important events.”

Devine, the elected social chair has the responsibility of updating the class Instagram and encouraging more student involvement in activities. 

“I was previously a class officer for freshman and sophomore year, so I wanted to continue my term just because I really liked representing our class,” Devine said. 

Class of 2027

President: Jacob Medina

Vice President: Malee Dinh

Secretary/Treasurer: Emma Burkey

Social Chairperson: Ian Li

New to the officer board, Medina hopes to create a class counsel to ensure the collaboration of ideas between students and officers. 

“I ran [for president] this year because I really have a passion for helping our school out and I really like the rallies,” Medina said. “I also want to be more involved.”

Similar to the other officers, Dinh, who is a track and soccer athlete on campus, hopes to increase class spirit in rallies and school activities. 

“I want to make sure that during rallies, our class gets more involved and they’re actually excited to be a part of the rally,” Dinh said. 

Burkey plans to increase student participation in the Class of 2027 by promoting students to be more outspoken when it comes to their opinions. 

“I plan on interacting with the students more and getting their ideas on rally, spirit days and class [competitions],” Burkey said. 

In addition, Li hopes to improve the class Instagram to encourage online student engagement on top of rally participation. 

“I want to run for this position because I felt like it best suited me and my personality,” Li said. 

After a week of campaigns, all students participated in electing their choice of class officers. With some new, and some returning officers, Ayala is set to have a memorable next year.