Teenage interests on Taylor Swift’s newly released RED album

With+Taylor+Swifts+release+of+her+new+album%2C+students+at+Ayala+share+their+thoughts+and+relish+in+her+long-awaited+return+

Naomi Lopez

With Taylor Swift’s release of her new album, students at Ayala share their thoughts and relish in her long-awaited return

Teresa Huang

Many teenagers have heard about the re-recorded RED album (Taylor’s version) 12th of November 2021 produced by Taylor Swift who is an American singer and songwriter. 

Many people have seemed to be excited for Swift to release many of the songs that she had recorded before but never released them until now. The RED album includes some of her old songs and the ones that she re-recorded so that she can own her own work. (See Taylor Swift tell Jimmy Fallon why she recorded new 10 …)

It has been long since she had recorded the older songs from the other albums and now since we are hearing her again, it is even better than before. “I loved that her vocals were more mature and that she embodied the original emotion of the songs,” said sophomore Madison Kaylor. Taylor Swift’s songs have always been very popular and after the release of the RED album (Taylor’s version) she got more hype about it since it impressed many of her supporters. Especially Swift’s voice, it is mainly very calming but many of her songs are ones many people can relate and vibe to. 

Taylor Swift’s songs have different varieties of genres but mainly include love and about her exes. “I would definitely recommend it to anyone who is going through a heartbreak,” said sophomore Francesca Santiago. Since people or teenagers in general that are going through a breakup, a lot of them tend to listen to Swift’s album to help them cope with their breakups. Many teenagers also love her song “All Too Well (10 minute version)” since it’s different from other songs that only last about 5 minutes while this one lasts 10 for more enjoyment.

My favorite song that was produced was definitely All Too Well (10 minute version) because I love how long it is and how you can vibe to it. The lyrics are also genius.

— Francesca Santiago (10)

Some people may not consider themselves a fan of Taylor Swift but instead just like her music. “I am 100% unequivocally a huge Swiftie fan,” said AP psychology and Avid teacher Christy Keonig. People like Keonig clearly refer to themselves as Swifties also because fans of Taylor Swift are mainly called “Swifties.”

But ever since her promise about releasing this album, supporters of Swift have all gotten excited and nostalgic about it. Taylor Swift has also seemed to already notice her fans about the new songs and re-record the album beforehand. Many people seemed to also know her by her song “All Too Well” (10 minute version) since she created a short film on it attracting many of her audiences. “My favorite song that was produced was definitely All Too Well (10 minute version) because I love how long it is and how you can vibe to it. The lyrics are also genius,” said Santiago.