Bulldogs of Ayala: Taking a closer look into leadership

Francheska Fernando (10) strives to improve her leadership and communication skills through the United Student Body (USB)

+%E2%80%9CMy+definition+of+leadership+is+to+strive+in+order+for+students+to+rely+on+ayala+as+their+second+home%2C+feeling+both+comfortable+and+welcomed+into+the+community%2C%E2%80%9D+said+Francheska+Fernando+%2810%29.+%0A

Francheska Fernando

“My definition of leadership is to strive in order for students to rely on ayala as their second home, feeling both comfortable and welcomed into the community,” said Francheska Fernando (10).

Teresa Huang, Staff Reporter

Leadership plays a huge role in the success of the school. Without the collaboration of the students in the United Student Body (USB), fun activities such as rallies or spirit days would not be possible. One of USB’s most dedicated members, Francheska Fernando (10) works as USB’s secretary, improving her responsibilities each day to become the best version of herself. 

Fernando tries her best to ensure that she is open-minded and resilient enough to handle various financial situations that may affect campus activities. 

“Values that are most important to me are probably being flexible within attitude and integrity,” said Fernando. 

Being a member of leadership involves many busy situations and the need to be flexible with scheduling. Fernando’s busy schedule is mostly during the rally days where it gets super hectic both before and after the rally. Due to the busy rally schedule, some of her academic classes are missed, but she makes sure that she stays optimistic and enthusiastic throughout all her tasks in order to delegate her responsibilities efficiently. 

Since being a secretary means interacting with people on a daily basis, Fernando can come to disagreements between her and her peers. When she finds herself in this situation, she tries to communicate her feelings, as well as be considerate toward other people’s feelings as well. 

Fernando’s two years in the leadership community has improved her bonding experiences with the people she works with. “[She], especially in USB is the sweetest and funniest person literally ever. She does an amazing job in leadership and always makes it more fun,” said sophomore Jordyn Campbell. With that Fernando’s strengths throughout being a leader are her communication skills. 

But not only do her friendships occur inside this community but outside as well. “Throughout many years of being a close friend of Francheska, spending time with her has always been very fun since she is always down to do anything,” said Amy Youk. Besides the fact that she is one who is efficient about her tasks, Fernando also has a very good personality through her friend’s perspectives. 

Her admirable personality attracts many of her peers bringing good communication and connections between peers. Her passion for being a leader also causes her to strive for different goals throughout her experience. “My definition of leadership is to strive in order for students to rely on Ayala as their second home, feeling both comfortable and welcomed into the community,” said Fernando.