Student News Site of Ruben S. Ayala High School

Bulldog Times

Bulldog Times

Bulldog Times

Bulldogs of Ayala: Chloe Wang

Chloe Wang: the “Key” to being involved
Chloe Wang
Chloe Wang (12) exhibits leadership and perseverance as she takes on the role of Lieutenant Governor for her Key Club division and officer positions in many different Ayala clubs. Taking on various responsibilities allows Wang to explore her passion for serving her community. Hoping to figure out her next path, her impressive involvement gives her many options before she soon graduates.

From orchestrating Key Club Divisional Council Meetings to rallying spirits at the Fall Rally and traversing the grounds of Ayala with a foot in the door of numerous campus clubs, senior Chloe Wang has etched quite a distinguished reputation and a distinguished resume. For Wang, a typical day consists of busy responsibilities as the Lieutenant Governor of Key Club Division 15 West, seamlessly blended with staying on top of schoolwork, socializing with friends, and managing various Ayala club duties. 

Lieutenant Governor (LTG) is an esteemed position that Wang joyfully took on in April of this year after winning a highly-anticipated election held by delegates across six schools. A Lieutenant Governor serves as the leader of a Key Club Division and is the bridge between their respective division and the California-Nevada-Hawaii District. Each year, only one person from each Division is elected, this year’s being Wang. As part of being LTG, she serves in the Policy, International Business, and Elections Committee, where she educates members across the CNH District about Key Club’s policies and bylaws, working to maintain a safe and fair environment. She goes beyond simply being an Ayala Key Club member, pushing herself to a higher, regional level.

“Being LTG has been such an amazing experience and has allowed me to connect with people all across my community,” said Wang. “The position has provided me with life skills and experiences and gives me the chance to give back to my community, all while developing myself as a leader.”

Being so involved requires a combination of discipline, organization, and adaptability. Wang has showcased her ability to achieve all of these qualities and more as she navigates the responsibilities of being D15W’s LTG. These traits are clearly visible to those who work with her, both at Ayala and on the regional level.

From left to right: Ethan Wu (12), Daren Hsieh (10), Chloe Wang (12), Isabella Liang (12), Anmary Bautista (12), Mariam Senno (12).
Chloe Wang with the Ayala Key Club officer board, welcoming new members during Club Rush. (Chloe Wang)

“Ayala Key Club would not be able to run without Chloe,” said Isabella Liang (12), the president of Ayala’s Key Club. “Personally, when I first became the president, it was really hard for me to assimilate into my position and to figure out how to actually do my job, but having Chloe there to guide me really helped a lot since she already knew so much about the club.”

Key Club is an all-around popular club at Ayala, providing many volunteer opportunities and participating in fun events, but the club extends its reach further to both a regional and international level. Wang’s job as an LTG allows her to oversee an entire regional division: D15W. The division is made up of seven different high schools in the local area, in which she has a part in keeping organized and communicating. While she may not have a normalized officer title at the school level, her position as Lieutenant Governor puts her in a position of much respect and impressiveness. Understanding all of the ins and outs of Key Club and its structure, Wang has proven to be the right person for the job: one who is dedicated and passionate.

“I first joined Key Club at the advice of my friend,” said Wang. “However, over quarantine, I took various opportunities to get involved with this organization and soon discovered my passion for serving my community.”

On top of that, Chloe Wang also involved herself with many other school-based clubs. She previously served as the president of the Psychology Club, and still serves as Dreamcatchers’ publicity officer, historian of Future Business Leaders of America, and the UCC Representative of the Art Club. Out of the desire to serve her community more and for involvement in different aspects of Ayala, Wang finds herself keeping up with many different responsibilities, finding joy in keeping up with them all.

Being so involved requires a combination of discipline, organization, and adaptability. Wang has showcased her ability to achieve all of these qualities and more as she navigates the responsibilities of being D15W’s LTG and club officers. The hard work that she has put in has shown to pay off, as many commend her for all that she’s done.

“She’s always readily available for us, always going out of her way to make sure everything is good,” said Liang. “It’s really inspiring to see.”

Chloe Wang participates in many different Key Club events on different levels.

In her final year at Ayala, Wang contemplates where she’ll be headed in the future, with her high school endeavors likely shaping her career path as she graduates in the upcoming months. The future holds a variety of opportunities and options for Wang to pursue given all that she has done in the last four years.

“As of right now, I hope to go into public policy and am keeping my options open for where to attend college,” said Wang. “A lot of my high school involvement has been in student advocacy, and I’d like to continue this beyond graduation.”

Taking into consideration all of her work and dedication, Wang’s future is sure to go down a successful path: something that those around her can assuredly agree with.

“Chloe is responsible, mature, and intellectually curious,” said Mrs. Munoz, Wang’s French teacher. “She is organized and manages her time well.”

In reflection on her past four years, Wang can confidently say that she has done a lot of important things in contributing to the betterment of the community. Whether in her actions as this year’s Lieutenant Governor, her commitment to various clubs, or her enjoyment in giving back, Chloe Wang has left a mark on the community that will be hard to ever forget.