Cartoon Network themed rally booms with popularity 

Avery Rosas
Before Spring Break arrives, the United Student Body (USB) class was able to successfully coordinate a Cartoon Network themed rally. Without the collaboration between the students of the USB class, the rally would not have been possible. “Everyone’s really collaborative,” Klaren Suh (11) said. “We get to hear different perspectives of what everyone thinks about for the rally.”

The Cartoon Network themed rally, which took place on Friday, March 18, created an exciting energy that kicked off the students’ weekends with a great start. 

Each rally put on by the United Student Body (USB) class centers around a specific theme that the decorations are coordinated towards. However, this rally’s theme was broader in its idea and opened the doors to multiple sub-themes surrounding it.

“It has a lot of diverse characters involved in it,” USB member Klaren Suh (11) said. “Before, we used to stick to one theme, [but] for this one, it has all different kinds of characters so it’s more engaging with everyone.”

Boys water polo players (from left to right): Tyler Johnson (12), Colin Mulqueen (11), Donovan Thomas (12), Justin Yoon (12), Alexander Florentinus (12), Noah Heiderscheidt (12), and Julian Juarez (12) show off their rings that they won for winning CIF. (Avery Rosas)

To start off the rally, two USB students played the role of characters Mordecai and Rigby from the Cartoon Network show, Regular Show, as they tried to be immersed with the theme. The first performance was a dragon dance by members of the Chinese club, setting a high expectation for the rest of the rally.  

As the students started to calm down, the spring sports teams were displayed, showing off their achievements. This included the newest sport, girls flag football. In addition to the sports teams, the VEX Robotics members were welcomed on stage to celebrate the Devastator Robotics Team for their victory of the excellence award at the VEX competition. 

To keep the excitement going, class competitions were then featured as Class of 2027 students danced to a fast paced hip-hop song blowing the audience away. This continued with a baton dance by twirler Trudy Chang (10) for the Class of 2026, followed by the Class of 2025 with another dance performance composed of cheer and dance class members. The class competitions finally ended with a rock band performance for the class of 2024. 

As the rally progressed, the rally games began. For this rally’s game, students had to race through a series of obstacles that included hula hooping, throwing a football into a basket, and hurdling in and out of a ladder, before making it to the end and winning the race. In a tight race between the freshmen and senior classes, the freshmen came out victorious. 

Addison Tan (10) leads the Bulldog Spell-Out for the Class of 2026. (Avery Rosas)

In the last segment prior to the Bulldog Spell-Out, the senior members of USB were given one last goodbye as they prepared for graduation. They were welcomed with individual cutouts by the USB class to show their appreciation for the service that the senior USB members had committed. 

“We had like almost around 30 seniors that we had to recognize, meaning we had to make 30 [pop-out figures], so I definitely feel like we all had an urgency to get everything done,” USB member Kennedy Jauregui (11) said. “We really wanted to make our last rally a big one.” 

The USB class worked tirelessly to make the rally the best it could be, while enduring many challenges along the way. Through the recognition, games, and performances, there is no doubt that the students of Ayala enjoyed the high-energy Cartoon Network rally. 

“Our timing is always getting things together, like putting up the posters and getting people to do their work, but it all works,” Class of 2027 President Kieza Martinez (9) said.