Try Guys drama: what happened to Ned Fulmer?

Try+Guys+leave+behind+Ned+Fulmer+after+his+cheating+scandal+surfaces+to+the+media.+

Jessica Rios

Try Guys leave behind Ned Fulmer after his cheating scandal surfaces to the media.

Maximus Hemming, Staff Writer

In light of shocking YouTube scandals, now ex – member of the Try Guys, Ned Fulmer, has been cut loose from the group after discovering that he had been cheating on his wife with a colleague in their own workplace. For those who are not familiar with the Try Guys, they are a group of four members – Zach Kornfeld, Keith Habersberger, Eugene Lee Yang, and Ned Fulmer. 

The Try Guys had started their brand new series way back in 2014 while they were employed with BuzzFeed, having skyrocketed since and becoming independent in 2018, amassing a count of over eight million subscribers. As their name suggests, they are known for their videos based around them trying out random things; from wearing women’s underwear, to trying out labor pain stimulation, replicating iconic music-video choreography, to even testing out the legal alcohol limit, they’ve done it all. They had also branched out to creating their own Food Network TV Series called “No – Recipe Road Trip With the Try Guys,” one of their own books, and even a separate podcast, “The TryPod.” 

Fans would initially speculate of the troubles between the members internally, noticing that Ned had been prominently missing from the recent videos posted on the Try Guys YouTube channel and also their new podcast episodes, with little to none explanation from the present members at the time. It was until a Reddit user  would share the now deleted screenshots and videos of what appeared to be Ned making out with the Try Guys associate producer, Alex Herring, at a bar in New York City. 

Ned Fulmer had been known in the group to be the so-called “wife guy”, as with every chance he could get, he would gush over his wife Ariel whom they have two sons together, Wesley and Finn. It turns out that his words were never entirely true, putting himself and his family in an extremely difficult situation. Shortly after the Try Guys would release their statements on letting go of Ned tweeting out, “Ned Fulmer is no longer is no longer working with The Try Guys, as a result of a thorough internal review, we do not see a path forward together. We thank you for your support as we navigate this change.”

Ned would then later address his own words, admitting to having a “consensual workplace relationship,” he wrote in his Instagram post on Sept 27th, explaining that,“Family should have always been my priority.” 

Some fans from Ayala have voiced their concerns about the scandal.

“I am with Ariel, I stand with Ariel, while I don’t think they can fire Alexandra, I think at this point she should just quit since she’s already viewed as negative in the public eye,” sophomore Elaina Master said. 

Some students even think that both individuals should be held responsible for their actions.

“You know I think Alexandra should be fired as well for equality, if you are gonna fire the man, fire the woman who’s involved too,” sophomore Devi Bhatt said. 

With the outcry’s from the fan bases, it is certain it’s going to be awhile for the Try Guys to recover fully from the loss of Ned as he made a huge impact on the channel over the years. What is next for the group is uncertain as they are, “figuring it all out one day at a time,” said Yang.

Since the “wife guy” is out of the picture, fans can only hope that the Try Guys remain doing what they do best, even after the unfortunate loss of a member from the group. 

“I’d say the rest of the Try Guys took the situation better than expected since it was so shocking, but besides that I think things like this happen sometimes and you just have to accept it for what it is,” senior Serena Yiu.

It seems the Try Guys will have to adapt to this major change as they are concerned for the business itself. New YouTube videos are still up and coming with the editing staff digitally removing Ned Fulmer from the videos that had already been recorded.

“I want to give major props to our editing staff for how deftly they’ve handled that,” said Kornfeld. There are also videos that cannot be released at all since there are some appearances from Fulmer which cannot be erased fully, costing them a very large amount of money; however all members of the group agree, “it’s a decision we stand by proudly.”